Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Tyranny of Reading Multiple Books


How many books do you read at one time? Do you just involve yourself with the one and then, when it's finished, pick up another? Or is your nightstand stacked with three or four books, all in various states of being finished?

Being a freelance writer and a reader, it's almost a must to read several books at one time to keep up. Right now, I'm reading books about locavorism, comic books, cemeteries, and, for fun, The Passage by Justin Cronin.

On the Publisher's Weekly blog, PWxyz, they lament the piles of books they'll most surely never get through.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Haha; this sounds just like me! I read several books at the same time and I just love it! (Although, I must admit it gets a little confusing at times :P) Right now, I'm reading about vampires, Marian apparitions, Emma by Jane Austin, and a book of ghost stories :P