Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letters to the Editors of Women's Magazines


Care of The Hairpin.

From the piece...

The Big Scoop

The Life, Etc. section of the magazine continues to amaze me. The fresh ideas in “Summer Party Guide: Ice Cream!” [July] gave me the incentive to prepare homemade ice cream and present it in a fun manner. The gourmet ice cream sundaes were my favorite and the most delicious.

Rachael C., Lynbrook, NY (InStyle, September 2010)

One idea I had was to put a little hat and shoes on the ice cream. Under the hat I also put a little hair from my brush. I call her Linda because she looks just like a little woman. And you KNOW I couldn’t eat her, so I put her on a saucer and I keep her in the freezer. Linda, Linda, Linda. What goes on inside your ice cream head? Lol, my electricity bill is going to be so high this month, too (from standing in front of the freezer with the door open, looking at Linda).

Deirdre J., Roanoke, VA

No comments: