Friday, November 09, 2007

My Personal Stories Told in Glossies


The Clever Clover 4-H Club was a force to be reckoned with. At the Thurston County Fair if there was a blue ribbon to be had it was the Clever Clovers who had it. We, the Clever Clovers, were primarily the Shipley family of West Olympia and we took no prisoners. We could cook, sew, be crafty, public speak better than anyone. They shouldn't have even bothered with award ceremonies at the Thurston County Fair. A Shipley was going to win. I'm starting to fashion a story about the Clever Clover dynasty for Forever Green, a publication put out by Washington's 4-H organization. It should be a fun one to write.

If you take a look at the November/December issue of Twins Magazine you'll see a story I wrote about me growing up with my triplet brothers. I love them but they're kind of weird.

In the December issue of Canoe and Kayak Magazine I have a humorous story about how my brother nearly killed me on a homemade kayak.

I'm seeing if I can't get more of my personal history in magazine pages. We'll see. I've contacted Halftime Magazine, a publication dedicated to marching bands since that was such an integral part of life growing up. I've also contacted Ferrets Magazine because I owned Justice, a blind albino ferret whom I loved dearly. I've also been in touch with Ultimate Grappling Magazine because I like to beat up people. Just kidding on that last one. :)

I'll let you know how all this plays out. Until then, have fun out there.

No comments: