Thursday, February 07, 2008

What I'm Reseaching. What I'm Writing

I've got a few things on my plate, writing-wise...



For Idaho Magazine I've begun research on the Bear River Massacre. It took place in 1863 and is the worst massacre of Native Americans in the history of our country. The US Army attacked a wintering band of Shoshone Indians at the confluence of the Bear River and Beaver Creek near Preston, Idaho. The US Army lost 27 soldiers. The Shoshone lost upwards of 400, many women and children.



For Puget Sound Magazine I get to write about something close to home - my home of Vashon Island. It'll just be destination piece, of sorts, highlighting the fact that Vashon's a nice place to spend the day.



For Distinctly Northwest I'm going to highlight the top places for camping in the Pacific Northwest (Washington/Oregon/Idaho) and also discuss the coolest new camping gadgets to take with you.



I've got some thoughts on blood sausages and Parisian jazz clubs. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: