Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Personal Bits on This Blog

There's been some backlash of late when I stopped another blog I kept up that had some silly observations by me, some silly bacon recipes, and some silly short stories, many of them involving dimwits doing something dimwitted.



It was random, the blog, odd. "There's nothing like that on your writing blog! It's all about writing and books and stuff!" True. True.

To appease the masses I will do my best to interject more personal bits and humorous gobbets on this blog as it relates to, well, books and writing. It'll be profound or perfectly preposterous depending on my mood. Maybe I'll post a short story I wrote. Maybe I'll write about how Sesame Street shaped my writing (thank you, Super Grover). Maybe I'll discuss the thoughtful poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay or the songwriting of one Steve Perry (thank you, Journey).



Maybe I'll relay to you a novel I've been noodling in my head or perhaps I'll write haiku about squash.

I'm not saying I'll do this every day but I'll do it when it strikes me. Like on Tuesdays. Yes, Tuesdays (and maybe other days, too) I'll do my best to post more personal tidbits (because Tuesdays are days for personal reflection, much like bathroom mirrors).



I hope this will alleviate some of the frustrations of those people (I think about four of you) who miss my other blog and want more whimsy from me on this blog. I can deliver whimsy. Oh yes I can:

1 comment:

Nick K said...

thank goodness. you are truly a blessing among bacon-loving-people.