Tuesday, January 20, 2009

33 1/3: The Longlist


Many of you may know that I wrote a book proposal for the great 33 1/3 series. I wasn't the only one to write a proposal in hopes of getting a book done. There's about 600 others I'm competing with.

The basis for the book series is to write one book about one particular rock album. The parameters in regards to what to write about the album is totally up to the author. The last time they requested proposals, I did one on the John Denver and the Muppet Christmas album. They didn't accept my proposal.

I think I may have better odds with the one I wrote this time around - Beck's Sea Change album, arguably the best album Beck's done.

We'll see what happens (and I'll be sure to keep you apprised as to progress).

In the meantime, you can do two things. Try and win every 33 1/3 book yet published and/or enjoy Beck's video "Paper Tiger," one of the great tracks on the Sea Change album:

No comments: