Friday, October 01, 2010

The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook


It's a real thing, this fantasy food cookbook. The Guardian takes a bite into it.

From the piece...

What is it with vampires? Despite the fact that they are forced to spend the whole of eternity unable to eat, loads of the food obsessives I know seem to be fascinated with them. This is presumably why Gina Meyers thought there was enough scope to write Love at First Bite: The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook.

It is as dreadful as you might expect from an author who has the audacity to give her self-published book a five star review on Amazon without the benefit of a pseudonym, and I feel sorry for some of those who give it less than glowing reviews, such as the poor hapless woman who says, "I thought that this cookbook would teach me how to cook for my boyfriend, but instead it pretty much made him dump me".

No comments: