Saturday, April 23, 2011

Morrissey's Autobiography


It's big.

From an article in the Guardian...

Morrissey's autobiography is done, he just isn't sure if anyone's going to read it. The former Smiths frontman confirmed that he has completed the first draft of his memoirs, and it's already about as long as Moby Dick.

"I'm really not that interesting, so I don't know why I've written so much," Moz admitted in an interview with BBC Radio 4's Front Row. "I have been through the whole life. I just wonder if 660 pages are too much for people to bear. And then I sit down and think, well, are six pages too much for people to bear? I really don't know. [It's] baffling."

The much-anticipated Mozography is almost three years in the making, and the singer hopes to publish the tome in 2012. "I've reached the re-drafting, trimming stage," he said. But despite reams of material – 200,000 words, according to interviewer John Wilson – Morrissey has yet to find, or choose, a publisher. Last year, an editor at Faber said it would be "the fulfilment of my most pressing and persistent publishing dream" if Morrissey brought his "much-rumoured memoir to the House of Eliot". This week, the 51-year-old quipped that he wants to see the book immediately published as a Penguin Classic.


No comments: