Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Snooki and Her Badonk


The New York Observer reviews Snooki's literary debut.

From the article...

A Shore Thing has fulfilled the presumptuousness of its terrible punning and materialized, against all odds. It'll hit shelves later this week, but to tide you over until then, let's make our way to the excerpts nabbed by the New York Post.

"He had an okay body. Not fat at all. And naturally toned abs. She could pour a shot of tequila down his belly and slurp it out of his navel without getting splashed in the face."

"Gia danced around a little, shaking her peaches for show. She shook it hard. Too hard. In the middle of a shimmy, her stomach cramped. A fart slipped out. A loud one. And stinky."

And then a touching little revelation:

"I love food. I love drinking, boys, dancing until my feet swell. I love my family, my friends, my job, my boss. And I love my body, especially the badonk."

The prose is rough, perhaps, but these small samples reveal that the Snooki character can indeed be translated to the printed page.


There's more about Snooki's book, here.

And, want to read some excerpts and blow your mind? Look no further.

No comments: